Sunday, July 02, 2006

Heatwave in Henley

I am sorry to tell you all that the hot weather was to much for Dad and I today , and the planned picnic at the regatta was cancelled .

I got up early and went to the allotment to water ,then I came back and made the picnic food .
This is the menu .

Oozy cheese sandwiches ,these are made with wheat-flour tortllas ,grated cheddar and mozzarella ,sliced tomatoes and roasted red peppers from a jar .

Goats cheese and rocket-a poppy seed bagel , spread with the cheese ,sliced tomatoes and rocket leaves .

Posh egg sandwiches -granery bread ,
filled with chopped boiled egg ,roughly chopped watercress , smoked salmon and mayo .

New york style pastrami on rye -flavour mayo with dijon mustard(go as hot as you like) and spread over slices of rye bread .Top with lettuce , pasrtami and gerkin .



we ate these while we were watching the Antique road show .
Monday 3rd July at 4.30 .



I have just done the ironing while watchig wimbledon , Andy Murry is now out , the last british player .Leyton Hewitt is through ,so I want him to win .

We have 28 blue cabbages and 18 green .They will be ready in september .I can chop them up and freeze them .I will be looking for ideas about what to do with them all .Frost will kill them as they are a summer variety .
The only tomato plant , that lives in a red bucket in the yard ,. is not looking good .His leaves are curling up and have brown spots on .

I have tried to insert the date but cant get the lines back in place .

No comments: