Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wednesdays news

I am on my own tonight , so no cooking . Ben is selling his car,and Paul might buy it for Amy.
Nan and Grandad should be moving on Tuesday 26th sept 2006.
Dan is in Paris at the Mac show ,working very hard ,I have tried to phone him at the hotel, but he is so busy.He is on his own untill Lorraine flys out to help him on Friday . Good work Dan ,we are all very proud of you and Realmac software .
We are off to liverpool with Auntie Margaret and Uncle David to see relations ,and get some family history ,as you all know your nan was born there ,and all her family lived here.We are staying in the Adelphi Hotel which was the subject of a BBc Documentary series,so should be good fun
Jarvis has got trembling and sore legs and is having a general anesetic for xrays and neurological tests next week.

I didnt go to the spin and pilates classes at the gym.I chickened out .I wanted to but felt i would be to bad.
I have just read a spell of winter by Helen Dunmore which won the orange prize in 1995. I think Lorraine would like this as it is about an unusual subject which I wont write about here. It is just that we both enjoy many of the same books.

4 comments:

Comrade Alkowski said...

A spell pf winter
"This is possibly Dunmore's saddest book. Of course, none of her books are bursting with happiness, but they usually have flashes of joy. Here, there is almost no joy."

Would that be your assesment Ma?

I'll add a perl of "Fat Al's patented Wisdom" in regard to exercise:

Dont worry about being bad. The point of exercise is not to be good. If you are good then it's not hard or challenging enough. When you are feeling at your worst or least inclined to participate, that is when it is most important to do so.

Wendy said...

I have only read this one,but I agree with you ,its not a happy story .I didnt know you read novels .

Comrade Alkowski said...

Ah no, ya see, thats not me. That's a quote from the Amazon book review page. You can buy the book and see what other people though of it etc... So I was just quoting what someone said, and the Title in blue is a link to the Amazon page you see.

But yes I do read Novels from time to time.

At the moment I've just finished Augusten Burroughs latest collection of anecdotes: Possible Side Effects.

Al.x.x

Wendy said...

I shall see if I can borrow that from the library .

Thankyou so much for the book reply ,I love to talk about books.