Thursday, June 22, 2006

An extract from my written journal

Saturday 1st June 2002

I'm starting my 2nd journal , on a happier note than the 1st one , which I started the day after you and Lisa left for Australia .

You have never read the first one,phraphs one day .

Anyway , you are both happy in osbourne st , as you have your buisness and good jobs. and in 7 months we will see you , as that is when Daniel and Lorraine are getting married .

Its 6.30 am and the sun is shinning . Dad is in bed reading his computer magazine , and drinking a cup of earl grey .

Yesterday nan and I potted up a lot of cuttings , which she is going to look after for me . I sat in the garden and listened to the radio , then did some gardening . I arranged the table and chairs ready for us to have cocktails in the garden , but the sun went in . So we had a nice evening in and watched tv.

Dad has just seen a review of Dans programme in Mac World . He's a clever lad , fame is just waiting to happen for him .


Sunday 2nd June 2002

The world cup in Japan is on . So all matches are shown live in the morning here . Most pubs will be open early .
England are playing Sweden today , so we will have a special breakfast , while we are watching .

Yesterday was a loveley day sunny day . A good start for June , which is my favourite month . The days are long and sunny . The roses are out in the garden , it looks nice out there . I love the garden..
All the boys were working . Dad and I had a quiet day . we bought 2 very nice chrome and blue folding chairs from Homebase for £14.99. each .

1 comment:

Ben Counsell said...

Very interesting mum.

Funny that England were playing Sweden that day! I remember watching that game.

And I think when we play Brazil about a week later it was early morning as well and you cooked dad and I a full English breakfast :-)