Tuesday, June 27, 2006

An extract from my written journal

June 21st 2002

Everybody is getting up early to watch the quarter finals of the world cup . England are playing Brazil . The K. O. is 7.30 am .

Dad finished work yesterday , so he will be able to watch it .

We have eggs , sausages , mushrooms , and tomatoes in for a special breakfast .

The whole country is either watching it at work ,on large screens, or going in after the match . Such great excitment everywhere .

I do hope they win .

Today is the longest day . Yesterday turned out sunny . I was sad first thing , but I cheered up later . I went into Brighton to get my glasses, and nan's birthday present .

Saturday 22nd June 2002

We lost 2.1 to Brazil , so we are out of the world cup . What a shame , because if we had beaten them we had a good chance of winning the competion.

It was nice and sunny yesterday and there was daylight for 18 hours .

Every morning I wake up so early . I wish I could lie in . I've just read a book , about somebody walking the south downs way .I would really like to do this , before I move .

We walked along The Gardens and past our old shop . Its nearly 20 years since we moved down to Southwick . Amaziing .

Sunday 23rd June 2002

Another sunny day .No rain all week .

Last night everyone bar me , went to the pictures to see Spiderman . They enjoyed it .

I went to Hove lawns to see the commonwealth games baton arrive . They had music and entertainment . Joanne Good from southern counties radio was the compere .It was so windy , and I didnt have a jacket ,so I came home sooner than I wanted to .
Its a nice day today, I wonder if we might go out somewhere .

No comments: