Friday, October 27, 2006

sore feet and blisters.

Yesterday Jarvis and I walked along the Thames from Cookham, which was the home of an eccentric and visionary painter Sir Stanley Spencer,past spring cottage,part of the cliveden estate,where John Profumo met christine Keeler,next is David Dimblebys place.and on past the rich houses all the way to windsor.we walked 14 miles in just under 4 hours.I enjoyed it and I like the challenge.I said when I have done 7 miles I can have an apple and a drink and listen to my Ipod on the way back.That kept me going.The thames is 168 miles in length and I would like to walk its length,before we move .

We are going to stay in Band B in Laycock wiltshire,in4 weeks time.Dad is doing a lighting course.

Laycock is a national Trust village ,this is the website for where we are staying,which also tells you about the area,so have a look.www.lacockbedandbreakfast.com.

Dad is doing his vat tomorrow.I have got £40 for looking after Fisher ,when his owners go out for the day ,this is over £10 a day and it is a pleasure to have him.He is Jarvis's best friend.Jarvis is comming with us to laycock,because I want to walk and explore as I have not been there before.

I was just going to make Dan and Lorraine a fruit cake,to take down on sunday ,when Dad came in and said we were going next weekend and staying the night.So that is great,a night in the new house.The cake can be made next Friday.
Dad has been to London to the Mac show,and Dan and Ben didnt know he was comming to see them.

No comments: